While a destination wedding may tick all the right boxes (exotic locale, romantic atmosphere, luxurious accommodations), organizing a wedding in a foreign country can be both intimidating and highly stressful. Perhaps that’s why more and more couples are choosing to have their dream destination wedding right here at home. With world-class amenities, stunning natural scenery and a convenient location, British Columbia is the perfect backdrop for any wedding — minus the headache. So if you’re still searching for the perfect place to tie the knot, look no further than our 5-star resort at Predator Ridge.
A CONVENIENT LOCATION
Located 30 minutes from the Kelowna International Airport (YLW), Predator Ridge is less than an hour’s travel time from downtown Vancouver by plane and just under five hours by car. YLW is the tenth busiest airport in Canada with over 70 commercial flights a day on 9 different airlines. These airlines include Air Canada, Air North, Alaska Airlines, Central Mountain Air, Flair Airlines, Pacific Coastal Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, Swoop, and WestJet.
If you have wedding guests traveling to Kelowna from other parts of Canada, fear not. YLW offers direct flights from hubs such as Calgary, Toronto, Winnipeg, Whitehorse and Victoria. And for those of you who are as eager to take off on your honeymoon as you are to tie the knot, YLW offers direct flights to multiple destinations in Mexico as well as Varadero, Cuba.
Predator Ridge can easily organize luxury transportation services for your wedding guests both to and from YLW airport. We are a proud partner of Elite Mile, an Okanagan-owned shuttle and wine tour operator with an elite fleet of luxury transportation vehicles. Whether you want to arrange wine tours for your wedding guests ahead of time or simply have them arrive in style, we will happily organize it.
KEEP YOUR GUESTS ENTERTAINED
For many couples, one of the most stressful parts of a destination wedding is keeping their guests busy. A wedding is already a lot to juggle, but being a good host at the same time is a big responsibility. That’s where we come in.
Predator Ridge is located within close proximity to some of the Okanagan’s best wineries. Many are just a short bike ride away and can provide your guests with an unforgettable experience. In addition, BC’s infamous ‘Scenic Sip Wine Route’ is a 15-minute drive from our resort and includes 8 of the regions best wineries. Our friendly staff can organize guided tours for your wedding guests or bicycle rentals so that they can go exploring on their own.
Among the award-winning wineries are names such as 50th Parallel Estate, Arrowleaf Cellars and Gray Monk.
Predator Ridge is the most amenity-rich community in the Okanagan. Depending on where your wedding guests choose to stay — lodge, cabin, and villa options are available — they will have access to an outdoor pool, hot tub and bbq area. Besides our fitness centre and indoor 25m lap pool, our resort has the following to offer your wedding guests:
- Fitness Centre with with free-weights, weight-training & cardio machines and training tools
- Indoor 25m lap pool, hot tub and steam rooms (one in each change room)
- Yoga and fitness studio with 20 group classes each week
- 2 award-winning golf courses
- 3 outdoor yoga platforms
- 35kms+ of multi-use trails (hiking, trail running, walking, snowshoeing)
- 13.5kms of bike specific trails with a connector trail leading to 40km+ of trails at Ellison Bike Park
- Golf practice facility with driving range, 2 putting greens and a chipping area
- Golf Academy featuring the 2016 PGA of BC teacher of the year and a team of fully accredited PGA of BC golf teaching professionals
- Tennis courts with shared basketball court
- Lavender meadow with walking trail
- Bike rentals including: e-bikes, mountain bikes and crosstrail fitness bikes
- 4 new tennis courts and 4 new pickleball courts open for year-round play (for a fee)
- From April – October, bike shuttle to the Okanagan Rail Trail (for a fee)
Whether you envision a cozy indoor ceremony or a breathtaking outdoor celebration, Predator Ridge can accommodate your plans. Our conference and banquet facility has the capacity to host groups from 10 to 350 persons and includes an open concept ballroom, banquet kitchen, and private event patio with stunning panoramic views. And our Sales & Event specialists are a dedicated team with extensive experience in wedding planning.
A DREAM DESTINATION HERE AT HOME
Contact a member of our staff today for more details on how we can help make your dream wedding come true.